søndag 29. mai 2011

Fat free French toast for weekend breakfast

Finally it is the weekend again and I want to make something different than a bowl of muesli with a banana and milk for breakfast. I have had egg white omelet the last two weekends so this weekend I wanted something sweet, but still full of proteins, carbs and sugar. For many women in their early thirties this might sound like a big no, no, but this is were I get my energy from when my body is unable to break down fat. This weekend the choice fell on "French Toast".

I make my french toast with white bread and egg whites.


2 egg whites
1 cup/ 2 dl skimmed milk
3 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp sugar
3 tsp cinamon
4 slices of white bread, a day old

Heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Beat the egg whites lightly and ad vanila sugar, cinamon and sugar and mix in a shallow dish. Dipp the bread slices inn egg mixture, flip the slices a couple of times to make sure it is thoroughly wet, but not so soggy that it will fall apart.
Lightly coat a large baking pan with fat free cooking spray and put the slices on the baking pan and bake for about 10 minutes, check for browning on the bottom and flip browned slices over. Bake for additonal 5-9 minutes until browned and centers are puffed.

Today I ate breakfast in bed, warm french toast served with sliced fresh pineapple and a hot cup of tea while reading book number 5 in the True Blood series by Charlaine Harris.

Enjoy!

 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar