onsdag 2. februar 2011

Appel and cinnamon oatmeal



To get variation in my diet I often eat oatmeal for breakfast, either at home or at work with the children. When I bring it to work I make it at home in the morning and just reheat it in the microwave at work. You might wonder how I get the time in the early morning hours, no I don't get up hours before I have to leave for work, I just mix the oatmeal and milk in a sauser pan and put it on a low heat before I take a shower and make myself ready in the bathroom and when I make my lunch I turn on the heat so the oatmeal can slowly simmer for 5 to 10 minutes while I also peel the apple and cut it into cubes and put them in a plastic container. When the oatmeal is ready I put some salt and cinnamon in it and I pour it over the apples. When I bring it to work I like to use some more milk and make it thinner as it thickens when it is not eaten straight away.

for one serving I use
1/2 cup/ 1 dl oatmeal
1 cup/ 2 1/2 dl skimmed milk
1/2 cup/ 1 dl water
salt and cinnamon

one peeled apple

You can also use blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and other fruit or berries of your liking. I know some of my students also use raisins.

Serve it with freshly squeezed orange juice and you will get a great and healthy start of the day.

Enjoy!




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar