lørdag 8. januar 2011

Delicious pumpkin soup


I have always loved how the Americans have decorated for Thanksgivings with bright orange pumpkins in all shapes and sizes, dried corn cobs in delicious warm reds and flowers in in different shades of yellow, orange and red. Even though I  have spend a lot of time in the States since I was 10 years old I have never tastet any food made with pumpkin until a couple of years ago. That was a  pumpkin pie, I liked it a lot and got more curious on the vegetable. So this fall I have tried out a lot of different recipes with pumpkin in them. I tried to make the filling of a fat free pumpkin pie which did not work out quite as I wanted, I made pumpkin mash, pumpkin cake, I tried baking it and I made a lot of pumpkin soup. I would like to share my pumpkin soup recipe with you today.

5 cups/600 g pumpin meat
1 1/2 cups/250g peeled potatoes
2-3 garlic cloves
1 choped onion or leak
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp curry
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 large tomate, chopped
2 cups/1/2 l vegetabel broth
a squeeze of lemon juice
salt and pepper

Cut the pumpkin and the potatos in smal cubes. Chop the garlic and onion. Then saute the garlic and onion with oil and the curry for a couple of minuttes. Add the potatoes, pumpkin, ginger and tomato and saute some more.
Add the broth and let it simmer for 30 minuttes. When its done simmering and the pumpkin and potatoes are tender then mash it to a velvet like soup.
Season it with salt, pepper and lemon juice.

Serve it with fresh bread.

2 kommentarer: